The mission of the Bridgeport Public Schools Department of Psychological Services is to help children and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally. Bridgeport school psychologists collaborate with educators, parents, and other professionals to create safe, healthy, and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and the community for all students.
HOW DO SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGISTS
DIFFERENCE IN SCHOOLS?
All children and adolescents face problems from time to time.
- Feel afraid to go to school
- Have difficulty organizing their time efficiently
- Lack effective study skills
- Fall behind in their schoolwork
- Worry about family matters such as divorce or death
- Feel depressed or anxious
- Question their aptitudes and abilities
School psychologists help children, parents, teachers, and members of the community to understand and resolve these concerns